Embedded Software Engineer
IT | Ireland | Permanent | € 40000 - € 60000
Our client, a global organisation developing advanced technologies and ideas in the technology sector, is searching for talented Embedded Software Engineers to join their team. This is an opportunity to work with of the most reputable brands in the world, to set standards of excellence with innovative software development tools and solutions which will be implemented on a worldwide scale. This is an essential aspect of their ICT division where new ideas and excellence are required for moving forward
- Extensive knowledge of Systems Architecture and development. Experience of developing in an embedded environment, and deep understanding of C/C++, Virtualisation, and Embedded Operating Systems
- Positive team player, with the strength of character to drive non expert software engineers and mechanical engineers to support the development of robust code.
- Issue resolution is a key skill and software is often the quickest but most complex to understand due to it lack of physical nature. It is critical that the role is capable of using extensive theory based problem solving as repeating defects is often very time consuming and difficult, so being able to develop a list of theoretical root causes and be able to eliminate these through analysis / test is fundamental.
- Agree a complete end to end development schedule for software including release timing targets, capable of delivering activities to achieve these plans and the drafting / evaluation of software release notes
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience using C/C++ and Python
- Knowledge of Embedded operating systems (Linux, QNX Neutrino, etc)
- Knowledge of software structures / architectures
- Knowledge of the software development process and industry tool sets
- Knowledge of how to define the system variability, error handling and robustness processes.
- Fundamental knowledge of electronics hardware platforms
- Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Committed team player, software programmes are often very complex and require extra ordinary effort to deliver due to limited expertise across OEMâ€™s
- Knowledge of hardware from silicon (processor, memory etc)
- Full Driver's licence
Apply for this Position: